My career started with about 15 years in software design and consulting, because I love all that stuff. I worked in engineering, business, finance and manufacturing, with some very large companies. I ended up running a team of 20 developers working on projects in Australia and the U.S.
In 1998 I branched out in to web design and I have been running my own business producing web sites ever since. I enjoy mixing the creative aspects of design and writing with web software development and site construction. Since September 2005 I have specialised in Joomla! content management system. I am a big fan of open source technology - software we can share.
I love a challenge and learning new skills and technologies, which is just as well I suppose.
- Joomla! consultant since 2005
Web designer/developer since 1998
- Business analyst at QAD/Citibank 1991-98
- Database+ software designer/programmer 1980-90
- BSc Hons Computer Science [UK]
- Online courses in a range of web tech fields
- AIM management
- Project management
- Adobe and Macromedia
- Database design
- Online community development